Thursday, June 05, 2008

TAYLOR'S AUTOMATIC REFRESHER

Ok, I know it's been a while since I've blogged, but I warned you guys about this. We're having a super busy month, with Huong and Kjell's this past weekend and the house guests leaving this morning. That doesn't leave much time to blog, but I'm trying to do some catching up now.

So a few weeks ago Dustin and Katie came up to visit. I love living in SF, because much like Boston, my friends pass through here pretty often. So even though we've only lived here about 10 months, it's been great having all the visitors and seeing all my friends. So on Sunday morning, we decided to check out the Ferry Building. Unlike me and Tom, Katie and Dustin are not early risers, so while we would've headed into the city early to avoid the crowds and traffic, we actually didn't make it there until later in the day- in time for lunch. By this point, the Ferry Building was packed (a beautiful, sunny day in June) and we decided to find somewhere to eat quickly since we were all hungry.

We headed over to Taylor's, cause I knew they had seating, and I need they had burgers. There was a pretty long line going out the door, but there were plenty of seats in doors. The line was just so you could place your order. So while we waited in line, we looked at the menu, and it was pretty typical California burger fare. After placing our orders at the front, we paid and were given little buzzers that went off when our order was ready. When then snagged seats at a communal table. Here's a view of the food prep area.

I got a lemonade to drink, and just wanted to show off my biodegradable cup made of corn (also typical CA)
I ordered some chicken finger and fries. The chicken fingers were pretty good- nothing spectacular, and the fries were also ok.
Meanwhile, Tom got a hamburger [It was actually a BLT - Tom], which he probably liked a lot, cause he was starving, and also a side of sweet potato fries- probably my favorite thing out of all the things we ordered.
Overall, it was a good place to stop and get a quick bite - albeit a heavy bite. And it turns out that Taylor's is actually a chain. I saw the original location a week late in St. Helena and it was an old fashioned burger stand - actually a pretty cute place. Maybe we'll try the original one the next time we're up in Napa.

No comments: