Tuesday, September 02, 2008

GOING VEGETARIAN IN SANTA CRUZ

On our last day in Santa Cruz, we just had time for breakfast. My sister and her boyfriend had a long drive ahead of them, so not too much time to hang out. We decided to go to check out a local restaurant called the Saturn Cafe. I had checked out the menu briefly while at the beachhouse, and saw that they were well known for their burgers and late night scene.

It looks a little funky from the outside:

And is even funkier on the inside: (I'm pointing out their lighting here)
So apparently I hadn't looked at the menu close enough, because what we soon figured out was that this place was a vegetarian restaurant. And apparently what they're famous for our their veggies burgers. Since it was just for breakfast, it's kinda easy to go without meat. I just ordered chocolate chip pancakes:
And what can I say, they were pretty good. Just pancakes. Meanwhile, Tom was a little more adventureous and ordered something with "fakin' bacon" ie. bacon looking stuff made out of tofu. To be honest, it didn't taste that bad. The texture was just kinda strange. And he compared them to Bacos (which are also vegetarian).

The breakfast at Saturn was pretty decent. I enjoyed the funky decor and wouldn't mind going back to try out those famous veggie burgers.

No comments: