Thursday, September 27, 2007

MY FIRST DAY AT WORK

So I had my first day at work yesterday. It's been almost 3 years since I was last employed by someone other than myself and I gotta say, I like it! I really like my new job at Charles Chocolates. It's a small but growing company. A lot of young people work there and half the staff is Asian- I kid you not. And I'm not saying that just the packaging people are Asian- a lot of the upper management and pastry staff are, too. And actually, it's just a diverse workplace, period. My boss is awesome, and I respect him a lot. He's kinda scatter brained, but he knows a ton about chocolates. Oh, and today, we're having a potluck. It's just my second day and I haven't even cooked at my new place, so I'm just gonna pick up some fruit at the farmer's market, but my co-worker has told me that people make awesome stuff. I guess that's what you can expect when you have like 15 chocolatiers on staff in a food centric city.

I also like my job cause I know I'm good at it, but this time around, I'm getting paid to do it and I have two days off a week. So it's a lot like what I used to do, except with fewer hours and I don't have to deal with suppliers, accounting, or all that not so fun stuff that comes with owning a business. And have I mentioned the rejects? I'm taking a candied apple home with me today.

1 comment:

That Girl! said...

Yay!!!!!

I'm really, really, really happy to know you're doing awesome. I knew you'd kick ass out there girl! Plus, I'm excited to visit you at work and see an actual chocolate factory. I want to wear the little plastic showercap when I go!

Love to you and T.