Monday, September 24, 2007

MY FIRST POST FROM CA

Ok ok, I've been a bad blogger. Yes, I've been here for over a week. Yes, I've eaten out at a few places and visited the farmer's market three times now. But no, I haven't taken pictures of anything and so, can't report on the new places I've eaten. But you try moving 3,000 miles and finding a new apartment and job in 8 days and see how much time you have to blog. Oh, and throw in my two year old cousin who needs constant attention and would find it truly strange that his aunt keeps taking pictures of food when we eat and that'll pretty much stop you from taking your camera anywhere.

Other than that, things out here are going great. I love my new place. At first I was shocked out how suburban it is and now that my car's here, I truly fit in like a real suburban soccer mom, but it's super convenient to everything and just a 10 minutes drive to Berkeley. It's amazing how easily I've slipped right back into my California lifestyle. And one single word makes me happy to be a Californian- PARKING. Yes, parking is plentiful and free.

Fine, parking's not the only thing. Lots of sunshine helps. Good food helps. And I love the diversity of this state. So, as I start to get settled in, I'll be sure to start taking pictures and putting up some real posts. Promise.

1 comment:

That Girl! said...

Dude you as a soccer mom is kinda a scary image for me....take it back, take it back!!

Alright, as long there are no "Mom" jeans in your future, I'm live.