Monday, May 12, 2008

A TASTY BURGER

Tom and I continue to check out the places in our neighborhood. One that we always drive by is a burger shack called Al's Big Burger. (to which I'll always shout "Al's Big Burger!" every time we drive by). We'd read some good things about it online, so for lunch on my day off, we decided to visit. It was still pretty early when we arrived (like before noon) so the place was pretty empty. Just one other customer, an older Asian couple manning the fries and grills and some Latina women taking orders. It wasn't a huge menu, so I ordered a turkey cheese burger and Tom got a regular hamburger with everything.

Here's the interior of the place- surprisingly it was super clean.
Meanwhile, here are our burgers. My turkey burger was super tasty and nicely charbroiled. It only lost a few points on the taste scale cause it contained mayo (and I'm not a mayo on the burger fan) but I covered that up with lots of mustard and ketchup.
Here's Tom's burger, and he also enjoyed it a lot. We got a side of fries to share, but they were nothing spectacular- we watched as they poured the frozen fries into the fryer, but they also weren't the worst fries I'd ever had (that award goes to the garlic fries we had at McAfee stadium).
We've become big fans of Al's and we've already been back an additional two times since our first visit about a month ago. It's nice to have a good, cheap burger place next door, especially when it's just a ten minute walk away.

No comments: