Saturday, April 25, 2009

BURGERMEISTER

Burgermeister is a small local chain of burger shops in SF, that's actually pretty popular. And I have eaten here before. However, it was last year right after we'd completed that AIDS walk, and I was so tired that I was in no mood to take pictures of food and write about them later.

However, on a rare visit to SF, we were in the Haight and decided to head to the Burgermeister in Cole Valley since Tom had never been there before. The thing with Burgermeister is that they give you a lot of options to customize your own burger. The bad thing is that they're pretty expensive - the most basic burger starts at $9. You can expect to spend around $12-$15 for a burger.

So on this visit, I went with a California burger- turkey patty with cheddar and avocados. I also like putting BBQ sauce on it. And it came with a side of very delicious curly fries.

Meanwhile, Tom went all out and got his burger topped with chili and cheddar. He got a side of their sweet potato fries, which I also like. And he did enjoy his burger (though he didn't think it was the best burger he'd ever had).
I admit that I do like going to Burgermeister for all the customization and options. And they do use great, fresh ingredients, and the make the fries fresh, so they're always super hot and crispy. However, the price is a deterrant for me. A meal here always costs around slightly under $20, and we're talking about burgers, fries and a soda. So really, it's more of a yearly thing for me - good thing it's located in SF.

No comments: