Saturday, September 10, 2005



The Manager's special.

hey everyone. look! i've got two. two! pictures for you today. ( i hope this makes up for my lack of pics on early postings and apparently, the graphic i used yesterday, which my friend big ed claimed really wasn't a pic since i didn't take it). the first pic is one of my store mascot, choco cat. my buddy big ed gave it to me when my shop first opened. as you can see, he's sporting a red sox cap, cause he's a big sox fan, just like me. apart from other names not being available, this blog was also named in part for my store mascot, cause leah said the choco in minty choco chip was for choco cat. the second pic is of the manager's special. as i mentioned in an earlier post, leah is nice enough to bring me a donut a few times a week. if i'm especially lucky, she picks me up a manager's special from dunky d's. it's a chocolate cake donut with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles. yummy! i had to stop myself from wolfing it down before i took a pic, but i'm happily munching on it now as i type this post. i realize that i own a chocolate shop, but my capacity for chocolate consumption is astonishing, even to myself. in this case, i think there's something special about the sprinkles. they add texture. one time the dunky d's next door had run out of my regular donut, so leah had them improvise and make one for me. they took chocolate jimmies from the ice cream station (this being one of those dunky d/ baskin robbins combos) and sprinkled them on a regular frosted donut. it was extra special just for the effort. ahh, it's the simple things in a life that make me happy.

No comments: