Monday, August 20, 2007

TAIWAN: DAY 5
Our fifth day in Taiwan was a lot more low key than the previous days. We didn't even leave the house until after lunch and spent the day up at a burial site outside of the city. By the time we came back to Taipei, we had a couple of hours before dinner, so one of my aunts insisted on taking us to have foot massages (and really, would you refuse that?)

Afterwards, we once again met up with a bunch of cousins (this time there were 18 of us) for dinner at a private club. It was a dinner buffet, which had stuff not all that different from that you'd find at a Chinese/Japanese dinner buffet in the states.

We started off with hot items like various fried tempura:
steamed dumblings
and some hot entrees:
Here's my first plate.If you notice the little teapot in the background, it's actually a pot of Japanese seafood soup. It's one of my favorite things, but you really can't find it in the states, so I had 2 during dinner.

Once again there were freshly made handrolls and this time you could actually pic what you wanted in it.These were quite good:
And here's my second plate (I do have some veggies)
And finally, my favorite favorite part of the buffet...all you can eat Haagen Dazs ice cream (and yes, they had coffee, my favorite)As my little cousin stated, it's Haagen Dazs, how can you not eat it? Overall, it wasn't the best buffet I'd ever been to, but I did get to stuff myself and once again, it was great to spend some time with family.




No comments: