Wednesday, December 05, 2007

THE FERRY BUILDING FARMERS MARKET

Well friends, I'm sitting here suffering from a bit of neck pain. I think I slept funny last night or something, because it's been bothering me all day. No biggy though. I'm just resting, propped up against a bunch of pillows. And I made myself an appt at the local massage therapy school for tomorrow morning (just $35 for a 55 minute massage!) so hopefully I'll be feeling better very soon.

Anyway, I figured I'd take this time to update my blog. So I'll write about yet another farmer's market- the famed Ferry Building Farmer's market. So after lunch at the Slanted Door, we walked around to check out the farmer's market. It wasn't all that different from the ones that I regularly visit in the East Bay, except the setting was quite impressive.

I was finally able to try out Blue Bottle Coffee, though. It's a pretty famous coffee company and it's located over here in the East Bay. They don't have a store yet, and are pretty selective about who can sell their coffee, but they do participate in a couple of farmers markets, including the one at the Ferry Building.
I tracked down the booth and ordered myself a cappuccino and a coffee for my aunt. Here's my cappuccino.
As you can see, perfect latte art, and he cappuccino itself was quite good. I didn't get to try the coffee, but they use these special drip filters to make it, so it takes a few minutes. The only thing that bothered me was that they didn't offer sugar. Sure, I understand that you're purists and sugar masks the overall flavor, but it does help make it a bit more enjoyable. And they always give you sugar in Italy.

Lastly, here's a pic of the historic Ferry Building.
Overall, it wasn't the greatest farmer's market that I'd ever been to. (maybe cause I'd already had lunch) but I think we may go back this weekend to pick up a few bags of Blue Bottle for Xmas presents.

No comments: