Wednesday, December 05, 2007

GELATO MILANO

I've been secretly lamenting the fact that there are very few non- chain ice cream places to visit since I've moved out to Northern CA. All we have near us is a Coldstone and a Baskin Robbins. But I think the problem is that the little artisan ice cream places are all located in Berkeley and you gotta make an effort to find one.

I was having dinner near the Berkeley campus with my parents and aunt and uncle and they wanted to get dessert. So I suggested gelato. I was planning on taking them to Cafe Naia, but then I noticed another gelato place a block away from Naia and headed there instead.

The other place, Gelato Milano, was tiny and spartan. It looked as if they'd just moved in, cause the walls were white, there were just 2 white gelato cases and a couple of seats. Here are some pics of the gelato in the cases:

I don't think they had strawberry gelato, so I got pink grapefruit and chocolate instead. It was certainly creamier than the gelato at Cafe Naia, and I thought it was pretty good.
I'm now on the search for a few more local ice cream places. There's Sketch on 4th street and I'm hoping that today, if I feel up to it, I can try another place called Ici.

No comments: