Monday, February 06, 2006

DINNER AND PROJECT RUNWAY

Katie and I are big fans of Project Runway. Unfortunately, I don't have Bravo. So on Wednesday nights, I make my trek over to Katie's house to catch up on all the episodes I've missed and to hang out with cute kitties and eat dinner. This week, Katie and Dustin decided to make a noodle casserole. And even though I didn't do any of the cooking (though i did contribute a nice salad) , Katie wanted me to blog about it. (Personally, I think it's cause she's too lazy to document and write up the blog entry herself, since she is a guest blogger, but I will indulge her).

So when I arrived at the apartment, Katie had already finished browning the turkey meat. Here it is belowand Dustin was working on sweating the onions and mushrooms. While he was doing this, he was also cooking up the noodles.Meanwhile, I was on the couch watching past episodes of PR. (And running in the kitchen ever so often to take pics) Once the noodles had cooked, Katie put a can of tomoato soup and a can of tomato sauce into a large pot. and added the meat, veggies, some green pepper and the pasta. She mixed it all around and then added some parmesean cheese. Here's what it looks like when it all goes into the oven.Katie was a little unhappy that she didn't have enough cheese to sprinkle on top of the casserole, cause she likes the cheesy crust it forms. But I think it tasted fine. She baked the casserole for 45 minutes. And here's the finish product. I found it very tasty.And here's my contribution of salad. (which looked much better once it was out of the plastic bag.) I made the dressing myself, and it's super simple. plus people having been asking for the recipe, so here it is:
2 tablespoons of mustard
1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
6 tablespoons of olive oil
4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
plus salt and pepper

I put it all in my mini food processor and hit blend. It takes like 5 minutes. And then you can adjust according to your own preference. And it's very tasty with almost no fat. And few things are more relaxing than sitting in front of the TV, eating dinner and yelling at the designers on Project Runway. Personally, I think the final 3 will be Chloe, Daniel V and Nick/Santino.

No comments: