Thursday, June 14, 2007

DON'T WAIT UNTIL RESTAURANT WEEK....

I was surfing around online and started thinking, I like taking advantage of prix fixe menus in NY, some of the best restaurants have them. (I'm a big advocate of Enoteca at Del Posto's prix fixe and I look foward to taking advantage of the Jean Georges one next month.) An even better time to do prix fixe is during lunch, when you still get three courses, but it's even cheaper than dinner. Same ambience, same service. So I started thinking, where can I get a great prix fixe in Boston. I've done some surfing around, so here's a listing of places I have tried or want to try, with links for your convenience. All these place offer 3 courses.

Ten Tables. Currently one of my favorite places to eat in Boston, I always forget that they have a prix fixe menu on Wednesday nights cause I've never taken advantage of it. On Wednesday nights, the deal is any three courses for $25. That is an amazing deal for a place of this quality. But any night of the week, they have the vegetarian tasting menu for $25, and I've been quite happy with that. Oh and on the first Tuesday of every month, the have a 4 course prix fixe with wine pairing for $45.

Sel de la Terre. I haven't been, but Leah really likes this place, so I was happy to see that they have a daily lunch prix fixe for $21. You get two different choices for each course and they only offer it Monday-Friday, 11:30-2:30, but I'm looking foward to trying it out soon.

Sandrine's Bistro. I ate here many many years ago, while still a high school student and visiting colleges. Little did I know that Raymond Ost is quite a famous chef. I haven't been back since, but I think I'll have to after taking a look at their prix fixe menu. Actually, I'm more interested in their dinner prix fixe for Restaurant Week in August (yes, they already have it online and it looks delicious) , but their lunch prix fixe seems to be the best deal of them all, coming in at just $19.

L'Espalier. One of the best restaurants in Boston and it has a prix fixe menu? Who would've thought. The chef, Frank McClelland just won a James Beard award this year, and amazingly enough, you can have a prix fixe lunch for $24. You'd better bet I'm gonna be taking advantage of this one shortly. The menu looks great, and a steal considering the prix fixe dinner is $75.

Craigie Street Bistro. Amazingly enough, I still haven't not made it to Craigie St. They're probably the most famous ones in the city for the myriad of prix fixe menus. And they do have them every night of the week. I'm not going to sit her and describe them, just click on the link and check it out for yourself.

I know I focused a lot on lunch(just trying to list the best deals), but many of these places also offer prix fixe dinners. If you wanna check out one helpful site, here's an article on it from the Globe. Otherwise, as I mentioned earlier, Boston's Restaurant Week will be taking place in August. They haven't published the list of participating restaurants, but as soon as they do, I'll let you know. Personally, though, I'd rather try one of the places listed above, it's probably a more pleasant experience than getting squeezed in with the herds during Restaurant Week.

1 comment:

b.kiddo said...

thank you for all the great ideas of ways to get chubb
wink