Monday, June 11, 2007

UPCOMING BITES

We've been eating out so much lately. People have been visiting from out of town, we've taken a couple of trips and it seems like the rest of summer will be more of the same. However, this will be a quiet week and I plan on cooking dinner every single night. But I do have some upcoming meals to look foward to....

- We're off for a weekend trip to Acadia National Park this weekend. It's a long drive up (6 hours!) but I think it'll be worth it. The weather is supposed to be great and I can't wait to have some fresh lobsters. It's mid June, so I'm hoping they'll have some soft shell lobsters, which are my favorite.

- I was able to get lunch reservations for Jean Georges in July. It wasn't very hard either. No hoops to jump through. I'm seriously excited about this meal because the lunch menu is prix fixe. You can get 2 courses AND dessert for just $32. Now that's a deal. Lunch at one of the best restaurants in NY for $32?(and you get the amuse bouche and petit 4 plate, too). Can't wait.

- I was also able to get reservations at Maze in London for early September. It's a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, and the chef de cuisine used to work for Ferran Adria at El Bulli. That wasn't too difficult, either. I just filled out the reservation request online and they called me to set it up. I did have some difficulty understanding the reservationist. I realized she was speaking English, but it took me a few moments to comprehend what she was saying to me. I'm still not sure if we have a reservation for 1:15 or 1:50. Oh well. This will be our splurge meal of our trip, but you gotta have at least one splurge meal for every trip. We'll be living off of fish and chips and Chinese food the rest of the time.

-Lastly, I got an email from my CSA, Stillman Farms. Looks like we're gonna be able to start picking up our orders in two weeks. I can't wait for some farm fresh fruits and veggies. Plus, it's a great excuse to buy bread, since our pick up spot is at the Clear Flour Bakery.

No comments: