Tuesday, October 16, 2007

CATHY'S VISIT: DAY 2

As I mentioned in my previous post, Tom and I like going out to breakfast a lot. One of our new favorite places is Fat Apple's, a local cafe that's super popular with families and neighborhood regulars. If you wanna get a table on weekends without waiting, you gotta get there early- I'm talking before 8:30.

But that works out well for breakfast with Max, because I've learned that little kids tend to wake up early and don't really understand the concept of sleeping in on the weekend. So when the 7 of us headed out for breakfast, we were lucky to snag a table right away. Here's Max working on coloring in a picture they gave him, along with some crayons.
Fat Apple's serves regular American breafasty food, but they do a really good job at it. My favorite breakfast is the waffle special. They make crispy, buttery waffles, which is a favorite of mine. And I get it with an egg and an apple chicken sausage.Meanwhile, Tom ordered has with eggs. And he got one of the famous Fat Apple cheese puffs on the side. Strangely enough, the cheese puff was actually kinda sweet, so neither of us were big fans. But Tom did like the hash, though it took him a little time getting used to it. That's cause rather than using canned hash, Fat Apple's actually makes fresh hash and you can see the little bits of meat. Overall, we're big fans of Fat Apple's and we visit it regularly.

After breakfast, we took Ben and Cathy to our local coffee shop. It's just 2 blocks from our house, and it's the perfect place for me, cause not only is it a coffee shop, it's an antique store and it's filled with all sorts of crazy and goofy items and toys. Everything in here is on sale. For example, they have 2 life size Sully dolls (you know, from Pixar's Monster's Inc.) Here's Cathy posing with one of them.I've tried to convince Tom to get me one, but they're $3,000 each. Maybe for Christmas.... In the meantime, here's me posing with the Simpsons familyNeedless to say, I think this place is awesome. (and you can get coffee for .99 everyday before 10am)- it's not too bad, either.

1 comment:

That Girl! said...

It looks like Max isn't as round as he used to be, but still cute as a button.