Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A MEAL TO SOOTHE A COLD

So Tom and I have both had colds in the last week. He blames me, but I blame Max, who's had a cold for a while now. The other thing you learn about kids is that they get sick all the time, so you gotta wash your hands around them and never share food with them. Since I was feeling too tired to cook, we headed over to our local Asian shopping mall for some noodle soup.

When I first moved here, I was pretty surprised at how suburban it is. Big shopping malls, freeways, etc. But I guess that's just really Californian, too. Now I've gotten used to it, and I really like where I live cause it's so convenient. One of the things I really like is how close we are to the Ranch 99- for you non-Californians, it's like Super 88, but bigger and better, because it's catering to a much larger Asian population. In addition to the Ranch 99, we have a bunch of Asian restaurants to eat at, including the noodle house we visited. I don't remember the name, but it really is the best place to eat when you're sick.

So I got a big bowl of seafood noodle soup with those fat rice noodles that I love. It was very tasty.
Tom also got a big bowl of noodle soup, but he chose to get egg noodles. They weren't as good as the rice noodles, but he'll know for next time.

We also ordered a side dish of fish cakes and served with some pickled veggies, they tasted great. Overall, it was the perfect meal to have when you're feeling a little under the weather.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

cathy said...

YAY FOR MORE POSTS!!!

That Girl! said...

Two Things:

1.) wah to being sick! I hope you and Mr. T feel better soon.

2.) You really might look into getting a flue shot this season. I'm telling you, dude, I get one every year now and I swear by it, especially b/c we get exposed to all sorts of people working in retail.