Friday, July 04, 2008

900 GRAYSON, BERKELEY

We continue in our search for yummy breakfast places in our area and we recently found a great one called 900 Grayson. This place is located literally blocks from my work, and I know I've driven by it half a dozen times, but I never noticed it since the place faces a small side street, rather than the main street. When we drove up, we found a restaurant housed in what looked like a cute little red house from the exterior, but was painted in a warm yellow on the interior. It looked incredibly cozy and though it was early in the morning, there were already several locals having breakfast there.

This place is famous for it's fried chicken and waffle breakfast, but that was a little too heavy for us. I just had a waffle, while Tom had corned beef hash.
My waffle was actually quite tasty, but I'm a fan of crispy waffles and though this one was served was real maple syrup and a dollop of Plugra butter on top, I still prefer the Fat Apple's waffles. Tom's corned beef hash was a bit of an unusual version of hash- the corned beef and potatoes were served in large chunks, rather than all diced up together. Though the ingredients were incredibly fresh and well prepared, he still prefers the traditional version of hash.

Overall, we still had a nice, relaxing breakfast at 900 Grayson, and we've already been back. It's just a lovely place for a casual breakfast and I think we'll be going back often.

No comments: