Friday, July 04, 2008

OUR FIRST (AND LAST) TRIP TO YANKEE STADIUM

As most of you know, Tom and I just got back from NY last week. I'll review some of the restaurants we visited in my next post, but I did want to do a quick post about my meal at Yankee Stadium. Now, in the title, I said that this was our first and last trip to Yankee Stadium. Tom's been a lifelong Yankee's fan, but he has never seen a game at Yankee Stadium, so when I knew we'd be going to NY, I also checked to see if they would be playing at home. Luckily, they were, and there were tickets available, so I got us tickets to see the Yankees v. Texas.

Many of you may also know that this is the last year for Yankee Stadium. They're building a brand new stadium directly across the street from the old stadium. We got there early so Tom could watch batting practice (missed it, but saw the Texas batting practice) and visit Memorial Park (also missed getting in by 5 minutes, we'll have to see it when we visit the new stadium). That means we had plenty of time to get few bites before the game started.

While Tom went for hot dogs, I actually had plenty of choices, and decided to go for a chicken cheesesteak. Here it is below.I even surprise myself when I say that this was pretty damn good. The bun was nice and soft, the chicken was decently cooked, and I enjoyed the cheese and onions on top. Overall, the food at Yankee Stadium is so much better than the stuff at McAfee. In fact, the entire experience of going to Yankee Stadium was better then McAfee. (though I can't say it was better than going to Fenway). Best of all, Tom had a great time, and I got to watch the cleaning crew do the YMCA before the 7th inning. I hate to say it, but I actually really enjoyed going to a game at Yankee Stadium, even if they painted the women's bathroom pink.

No comments: