Friday, July 04, 2008

PATRICK'S ROADHOUSE, LA

A couple weeks ago Tom and I were watching TV, and he saw a burger restaurant that served a burger with caviar and sour cream on it. As we watched the show, I realized that I recognized the place - it's located right on PCH, less than 10 minutes from my parents' house, and even though I'd never actually been there before, I promised him we would go the next time we were visiting my parents.

Well, a few weeks ago, we were down in LA visiting my parents, and took the opportunity to meet Katie and Dustin for burgers at Patrick's Roadhouse. Though we had all driven by the place hundreds of times, none of us had ever gone. Parking isn't very easy to find in the area, but we lucked out and found a spot right out front. When we entered the place, it was actually pretty busy inside. The front room is filled with a bar, but in back was a narrow space, decorated with funky decor, a small dining room and a view right out onto PCH. We were seated right away. Here's a shot of the interior.
After Katie and Dustin arrived, we did our ordering. I actually wasn't very hungry, so I ordered a pretty simple turkey burger. Here it is below.
My turkey burger was pretty well prepared, and actually tasted like turkey. Still, I prefer my well charred burger from Al's Big Burger more. But here's the reason we went, Tom's Rockefeller burger.
You can see the mound of caviar and sour cream on the burger, but there wasn't a price on the menu (just a little note that said if you need to know, you can't afford it, but it was only $15). Tom actually thought his burger was pretty good. (I enjoyed the fries most of all).

I thought Patrick's Roadhouse was a really good burger joint. The prices were pretty reasonable and they had a lot of choices (including a veggie burger for Katie). I don't know if we'll be back, just due to the tough parking situation, but if you're ever visiting the beach, it's a great place to stop for a quick bite.

No comments: