Tuesday, August 15, 2006

RANDOM MUSINGS

What's up with the food at Fenway?
I made my second trip to Fenway park yesterday to watch the Red Sox lose to the Tigers (sigh) and I've now decided to boycott all food at Fenway. I really do feel that this year, they've gone too far with seeing how far you can push customers price and quality wise. On my first trip to Fenway, I'd discovered that they'd gotten rid of my beloved chicken sausages (they've decided to replace them with a chicken breast sandwich). I got ice cream instead. But I also had a pretzel later in the game and discovered that they've started serving much smaller pretzels (like 1/3 of the size smaller) but are still charging the same price. Bastards.

On this trip, I had just come from work, so got the chicken strips and fries. And I seriously think they give you fewer chicken strips this year. For $7.25, you get two pieces of chicken on a pile of fries. WTF. I'm still shocked that they charge $4.25 for a 20 oz. bottle of Coke. How do you come up with that number? I mean, I know that you expect to get ripped off when attending sporting events, but when you're also paying for the highest ticket prices of any ballpark in the U.S., you'd think you could pay just a little less.

Family Restaurant, Brookline Village
I am now a fan of the Family Restaurant in Brookline Village. It's just located on Washington St., next to Beacon Hill Athletic Club, but I had never noticed it before. But Leah had a great dinner there (they serve Turkish food) and said that I had to check it out. So when my friend, Noel, came into town (with our high school math teacher in tow), Katie, Dustin and I took showed them a bit of Brookline and lunch at the Family Restaurant.

The menu is actually quite big and we all decided to order sandwiches. I got a sandwich that had ground chicken and it was great. It was served on a big bun (which I thought was a little strange, I had expected pita), but the chicken was really well seasoned and cooked. I think we all enjoyed our sandwiches and lunch cost less than $10/person. I've got to go back for dinner sometime.

Truly Jorg's is now open
Ok people, the patisserie is open, so stop asking me. Due to the location of my store, and since I'm friends with Jorg, EVERYONE has felt the need, over the last 3 months, to ask me when the new patisserie will open. So my friend Jorg just opened a second location here at the hotel. (it's in between the bank and the wine shop) and i think it looks great. I think he makes some of the best pastries in Boston and he has beautiful stuff. Plus he and his wife are super nice people. Check it out and then come up to buy some chocolate from me!

No comments: