Wednesday, August 23, 2006

SIMPLE SUMMER SALAD

My Boston Organics order arrived yesterday and with it came a number of lovely summer ingredients. So as usual, I began my search on epicurious.com to find recipes and plan some meals. I stumbled upon this recipe for zucchini, tomato and corn salad, and lo and behold, i had zucchini, cherry tomatoes and corn in my organic's order. But after taking a quick look at the recipe and the comments section (always read the comments section, you get good tips), I realized that most of the ingredients in the recipe were uncooked, so i proceeded to make my own version of the recipe.

I want to cook all the ingredients cause i thought it'd bring out the flavors more. So i roasted some garlic cloves in olive oil and then tossed the cherry tomatoes into the same roasting pan. Meanwhile, i cut the kernels off the corn and cooked them quickly in some boiling water. Lastly, I diced the zucchini and sauteed them on high heat just to caramelize them. I tossed all the ingredients together with salt, pepper and some basil from my herb garden and finished it with the juices from the roasted tomatoes. so simple and yet so good. the perfect salad for a summer evening.

No comments: