Wednesday, September 20, 2006

MORE THOUGHTS...

Yes, it's another delayed blog and another blog without pictures. I've been such a bad blogger, but really, things have been so busy that I haven't eaten anywhere new. Or at least anywhere worth taking a camera to. So instead, I'll give you a brief recap of places where I have eaten and my experiences there. Plus other random thoughts....

We visited the All Star Sandwich Bar again last week. But this time we went with Leah and Jayna and we decided to eat in. The place was not as full as last time (luckily), but we still had to wait for a table since there were 4 of us. Had we been a party of 2, we could've sat down right away. So there's a tip, don't go with a big group, cause you'll probably have to wait. The wait wasn't too bad tho. And the staff, though rushed and busy, were kinda as usual. I got my same Rachel, which was good, but I thought it was better the first time. Oh, and if you eat in, they give you a little side of pickles, which is nice. The fries were pretty good, but the gravy that we got to go on the side was just awesome. I'm glad we put the gravy on the side, too, so the fries weren't sitting there getting soggy. I think everyone enjoyed their sandwiches. Tom tried a Texas reuben, but decided he enjoyed the classic version better. When i was at work the next day, I was all excited to have my leftovers for lunch, but then discovered that the waiter had mixed up the sandwiches. I ended up with Jayna's grilled cheese, which I ate anyway. And it was also great.

Tom and I had dinner at Mulan last week. This time we went a little later in the evening (and it was Saturday night) and the place was packed with Asians. And big tables of them, too. We ordered three dishes and I really enjoyed a steamed fish. We had a bit too much food for 2, but I definitely enjoyed it. It's a great alternative to Victoria's (minus the twin lobster specials, of course), especially when you're not in the mood to deal with the crowded and noisy scene that's typical of Victoria's.

Oh wait, i did eat somewhere new. Well actually, I'd eaten there before, but I haven't blogged about it before. But it's not really worth it's own entry. I had lunch with Jayna at b.good the other day. (the Harvard location.) For those of you who don't know, b.good serves "healthy" fast food. Or i guess, healtheir fast food. I'd been to their first location in Back Bay before, and I seem to recall more options at that location. At any rate, I ordered the BBQ Chicken Sandwich for lunch. It had oven-crisped chicken breast topped with our homemade bbq sauce, fresh tomato and crisp letuce on a toasted whole wheat bun. ( I just noticed they spelled lettuce wrong on their website). It was just ok. I liked the whole wheat bun, but for whatever reason, they felt the need to coat the chicken in some weird panko crust thingy. I would've a plain grilled chicken breast. and this is still fast food. So the lettuce and tomato were kinda sad. Most of all, it had some onion thing on it which i found kinda bitter and rather unpleasant. ah well.

Have you guys been reading the Amateur Gourmet lately? He gave a pretty harsh critique of Le Cirque a couple of weeks back (and from what I understand of that restaurant, a pretty accurate assessment), but the thing is that the sone of the owner actually replied back in his comments section. He claimed to be hurt by the harsh critique, but the ridiculous thing is that he suggested that the Amateur Gourmet come back and become a regular and see what a great place the restaurant really is. But that's one big thing Adam was critiquing. You shouldn't have to be a wealthy regular to get stellar service. All patrons are deserving of the same great service, especially for a restaurant that costs as much as Le Cirque.

Ok, and that's it for today. Thanks for reading.

Ok and that's it for today. I'm gonna do some cooking this week, so I'll try to post some pictures. Really. I promise. (sort of)

No comments: