Saturday, September 23, 2006

RESTAURANT WISH LIST CONTINUED....

I am once again at work, bored and hungry. As you may have noticed, lately I've been going to a lot of restaurats that I've gone to before. I haven't found many cheap places that I'd actually like to check out in Boston (if you saw in my previous post, I'm basically too poor to actually go to any of the restaurants listed.) But here I sit at work, and so I started reading a copy of this week's Dig and noticed that they did a review of restaurants in JP. Now, I've always liked going to JP for eats. They have some casual places that aren't too expensive, and tho parking can be a pain, it's not like driving to Back Bay. And my interest was peaked by a Salvadoran restaurant called La Pupusa Guanaca. The last time I had a pupusa was when we went to Orinoco in the South End. And if you recall my review, I did not enjoy it. It was a little too hoity toity. Pupusas are street food, and making them fancy kinda destroys the whole spirit of the food. So I was happy to read a review about a place that serves them for $1 ea, and located in JP!

So of course, I started searching the web and chowhound to read more about JP and stumbled upon a whole host of postings about eating Latin American food in Boston. Now I have a ton of places I wanna check out, and the best part about it all is that it's unquestionably cheap eats. So here's the best post that I found, and additions to my restaurant wish list for cheap eats in Boston.

1. La Pupusa Guanaca, JP, 378 Centre St. Boston, MA.
2. Alex's Chimis, JP
3. Tacos El Charro, JP
4. Rincon Limeno, East Boston.
5. Miami Restaurant, JP
6. Reef Cafe, Allston
7. Tacos Lupita, Somerville
8. O Cantinho, Inman Square
9. Muqueca, Inman Square
10.
Singh's Roti Shop, Dorchester

No comments: