Friday, September 29, 2006

GUESS WHAT I ATE FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT?

If you guessed pastries and fondue, followed by a bowl of french fries, you would be correct. I had grand plans to go to the gym last night. Followed by some grilled panini sandwiches and a viewing of Grey's Anatomy courtesy of Leah. But I was invited by Jorg, of Truly Jorg's, to attend their official grand opening party. So I grabbed Leah and off we went to the party. There were a ton of pastries and little pots of fondue, and not many people. So of course we gorged ourselves, filling up on fondue, strawberry tarts and cakes. We then stole a handful of cookies on our way out for the next day. (I've just eaten three of them). I really do love Jorg's pastries. They're delicious and he doesn't skimp on butter, cream or sugar.

The thing is, I've almost always had Jorg's pastries fresh. Like at parties, or when I've gone to his kitchen in Saugus. I've only had pastries from his Kenmore store once, and it was a bad bad experience. Last week, a bunch of us went there post dinner to get dessert and we were disappointed with every single thing that we got. It was clear that the pastries didn't turn very often and sat in the case far too long. There needs to be more quality control down there. Jorg isn't there very often, so he has to rely on his staff, but most of the time, I find them not very willing to help or having long conversations with friends while ignoring customers. The cakes we had were way too over soaked (they do this to keep the cakes moist, but went way too far). Leah got soggy cookies that'd been in the fridge far too long and it was all kinda sad. So the tip for the day: buy pastries from Jorg's if you're in Saugus. And the breakfast pastries in Kenmore are ok, they come in fresh every morning.

After Jorg's we were gonna go have sandwiches. But i wanted french fries. I'd actually wanted french fries since earlier in the day, but the consumption of mass amounts of sugar made me crave salt even more. So off we went to Eastern Standard. Now I've never reviewed ES in my blog before, but most of you know how I feel about it. Love the bar, and all upper management; have serious issues with the restaurant. But they make great fries. Leah and I thoroughly enjoyed our fries. They hit the spot. And after our evening of gorging we went back to my place to watch an ok episode of Grey's Anatomy. Are they really gonna drag out with whole threesome thing all season? And that's what I had for dinner last night.

1 comment:

That Girl! said...

I love eating dinner with you, mostly b/c the company makes me truly happy but last night was kinda nuts. It's a good thing neither of us is in charge of the nutritional intake for small children. I think we might get sent to jail!

And yes, I'm over this entire thresome angle they're doing on GA's! Gag, gag, gag. But sandwiches and turnovers at my place next Thurs, k?