Tuesday, October 17, 2006

UBURGER, KENMORE SQUARE

Tom took a week off from work last week. Which left him some time to bring me lunch at work! We decided to try out the new burger joint in Kenmore Square, which has been open for just a week. I'd read some stuff about it on Chowhound and it seemed like a decent enough place. So Tom ordered me a chicken sandwich and onoin rings, while he got a Texas burger and fries.

Here's my sandwich.I was surprised to find it very tasty. The chicken breast was seasoned well and it wasn't overcooked at all, so it was quite moist. I also thoroughly enjoyed the grilled onions, since it adds a nice flavor and texture. Meanwhile, I was not as thrilled with my onion rings. First, I've never seen onion rings look like this before. I just didn't like the batter on them. I like them to be greasier. My second complaint about this place is that they're kinda cheapy on the ketchup. (Have you ever been to a McDonald's abroad when they ration the ketchup packets? They give you like one packet for a large order of fries and make you pay more for extra packets. Anyway, it was kinda like that) They only gave us 2 packets for our take out orders and Tom had to ask for an extra 2. It was not enough for 2 burgers with 2 sides. So remember to grab extra ketchup with your order. Tom was nice enough to trade his fries for my onion rings. (let's be honest, i would've eaten them anyway) The fries were very good. Apparently they're fresh cut. And they had a nice seasoning salt. Maybe not as great as the E.S. fries, but definitely a close second. And lastly, here's Tom's burger. Take note of the bacon and cheese. Tom also enjoyed his burger. It wasn't the greatest in the world, but as he pointed out, it's been a long time since Kenmore Square has had a burger joint like this, so this was very decent. I think I'll definitely be back to UBurger. It's not the cheapest or best burger in town, but it's better than McDonald's and certainly a welcome addition to Kenmore Square.

No comments: