Tuesday, October 17, 2006

VIETNAMESE SANDWICHES AT NEW SAIGON

Ok, I'm kinda annoyed with Picasa right now. And I've been annoyed at blogger for a while. You see, when you use Picasa to upload your pictures, you can also select pictures and create a blogger entry from that page (Google owns Picasa and Blogger). So that's one way I've been doing my posts, cause it means that I don't have to upload each pic individually to Blogger. Except that I just did a post and Picasa ate it. Good thing it wasn't a long one. And lately, it's also been eating some of the pictures. So when the blog entry uploads to blogger, there are pics missing from the entry. I've just given up and I'm going back to the old, more time consuming method of uploading individual pictures. And since I'm ranting anyway, I'm greatly annoyed that Blogger isn't offering it's new beta version to people who already have blogger accounts. You can create a totally new blog in the new beta version, but you can't convert your current blog to the beta unless you've been invited. WTF. Does that make any sense? Anyway, Tom has the new version and I want it too. Damn you blogger.

Anyway, back to my post (which I've already typed once today). Last week, I was getting my haircut in Downtown Crossing, so after it got done, I met up with Tom for some lunch. I decided to get a Vietnamese sandwich in Chinatown, since I love these things. Now, I know that everyone has their own favorite Vietnamese sandwich place in Chinatown, and I like going to New Saigon, which is stuck right between Empress Garden and McDonald's on Washington St.
I like this place cause you can order a chicken teriyaki sandwich and they have yummy premade lunch boxes on sale. Here's a pic of all the sandwich fixings and the lunchboxes stacked in front. Tom ordered a mango shakes with bubbles. They used real mango to make it and he thought it was pretty good, but needed more ice. I, of course, got a chicken teriyaki sandwich. Here it is below.
There's just something so delicious about Vietnamese sandwiches. I think it has to do with all the different flavors and textures going on at once. You get the crunchy/salty/sourness of the pickled veggies, the sweetness of the chicken and the heat from the chilies. And it's all served on a lovely toasted chewy bun. Could anything be better? Maybe the fact that it costs only $2.50. Anyway, I wish there was someplace near home where I could get these all the time, but I guess I'll just have to settle for the occasional sandwich from New Saigon.

No comments: