Thursday, March 08, 2007

ARE YOU REALLY ED LEVINE??

I'm sitting here at work today, paying bills as usual and organizing for a charity event that I'm participating in this evening, when Tom sends me an IM. He asked if he knew that Ed Levine (or someone claiming to be Ed Levine) had commented on my blog. So right now, everyone scroll down to my post about Mozza and read the comment. Then offer your opinion as to whether or not this is truly Ed Levine.

I write this blog for a few reasons. Mainly because it keeps me entertained at work, and it keeps my friends entertained for a few minutes while they're taking a break from studying or working. It also lets me keep track of restaurants I've visited and things I've eaten, rather than letting all those meals fade away in my memory. And it lets family and friends who aren't close by know what I've been up to. It's a small blog and I'm pretty obscure. I don't think I even pop up on a Google search. So I find it a bit implausible that someone as well known as Ed Levine would have found it.

Of course just in case it really is Ed Levine, I went and edited my previous post on Union (I found a few spelling mistakes.) And for those of you who are still wondering who Ed Levine is, then you don't really read my blog very often, since I'm always commenting about his website, Serious Eats, or his old blog Ed Levine Eats. He's a well known food authority. Ruth Reichl actually dedicated a whole chapter in her book Garlic and Sapphires to Ed. So if you are really and truly Ed Levine, I thank you for reading my blog. It's an honor. Really. (And for the rest of you, I don't love you any less.)

1 comment:

cathy said...

i dunno..does it seem implausible that someone reading your blog sent it to him? or someone who knows him in the tangled web of the world knew him and pointed him in your direction? it hardly seems like someone would take the time to read your blog, find that you had said something about ed levine and messaged you about it... but i dunno..I can't read their profile so this could be a whole lot of hooey and theyre selling toner or something