Tuesday, March 13, 2007

MEATBALLS FOR YOU AND ME

As I mentioned earlier, we were at Whole Foods on Sunday and I bought some ground turkey meat to make meatballs. I was inspired by the Amateur Gourmet's recent post about meatballs using Lidia Bastianich's recipe and based upon that, I made my own meatballs. I'm not going to detail the entire process (you can check the Amateur Gourmet's blog to see it in detail, plus my hands were dirty, so I didn't want to touch the camera), but here's a pick of them, rolled in flour and ready to be fried.Next I panfried them in a generous amount of olive oil.
And eventually finished them by plopping them in homemade tomato sauce and serving with spaghetti.This was perfect, filling comfort food. I was so full after eating it, that I could barely move. But what I liked about the recipe was the addition of orange zest. It added something to the meatballs, an additional complexity. The only thing I was really missing was the fennel seeds, but I'll remember to get those for next time.

No comments: