Thursday, March 29, 2007

SIMPLE RECIPES, DELICIOUS RESULTS

Over the last week, I've continued to try out various recipes from Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything" cookbook. On Monday night I made a dish of chicken and chickpeas. Here it is below.

I'd give you the recipe, but it's at home and I'm at work. But it turned out really well and it was super easy to make (not suprising since it's Mark Bittman and he really doesn't do complicated stuff.) Actually, I served it leftovers last night with couscous. Allowing the flavors to meld over a few days was a great idea. I was out of chicken, the vegetarian version was just as good.

Here you'll see another simple recipe I tried out. It's a pancake recipe from the NYTimes from 1966! (recently republished in the NY Times magazine section). It's a bit different because it's made in a skillet and sits in the oven where it browns and puffs up.
The recipe is so simple, but the results are fabulous and I think everyone enjoyed it. If I had two cast iron skillets, I would've made two of these and look foward to making it again.

No comments: