Tuesday, March 13, 2007

KIWIBERRIES AND I'M EXCITED!

Ok, I was just reading Michael Ruhlman's blog and after having meals at Daniel, Jean Georges, etc etc....He raves about Yakitori Totto. So this just makes me even more excited about dinner on Saturday, because we'll be going to Tory's, the sister restaurant of Yakitori Totto. (I didn't make reservations at Yakitori Totto because I've heard it's a smaller restaurant). Even better, Thomas Keller called it his favorite restaurant in NY.

And onto other discoveries, look at this This is a kiwiberry. I'd read about them in an issue of Time and happened to see them at the Whole Foods on Sunday. Basically, it's like a cross between a kiwi and a grape. As you can see above, it looks like a kiwi on the inside, but it's smooth on the outside, so you can eat the whole thing. I didn't actually want to buy them, cause they are EXPENSIVE. We paid $5 for about 12 of them. But it's not often that you get to try a totally new fruit. Verdict, I thought they were Ok. Tom said he needed to get used to them. I still have a few left if you wanna come over and give them a try.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Um...I shouldn't have read that Ruhlman description of all the different parts of the chicken he ate while eating lunch. I almost lost it! Anyway, it does seem right up your alley!