Saturday, November 24, 2007

ANOTHER LOCAL BREAKFAST PLACE

Yes, we found yet another breakfast place to visit. This one, Raphael's, is really close- literally 2 blocks from the house. So one morning, we figured we'd give it a try. It's pretty small, just one cook and one waitress, and it's got a very basic menu. Here's Tom drinking his coffee.
And here's a shot of the interior. Kind of diner-y.
I ended up ordering an omellette with chicken apple sausage and cheddar cheese. Fere you see it below. It wasn't so great. The eggs were a little too runny, and it was odd having chunk of chicken apple sausage just cut up and thrown in. I could've made a better omelette at home (if only I weren't so lazy)
But Tom had blueberry pancakes, and he actually liked them a lot. I know he still hasn't tried the pancakes at Bette's Oceanview Diner, which I think are great, but he'd rather walk the 2 blocks and get pancakes immediately. Me, I'd be willing to wait the half hour for Bette's pancakes. But if we're in a pinch and it's too late to go to Fat Apple's, I'm sure you'll find us here again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: