Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I MISS INDIA QUALITY

I think I've written about this in a previous post, but I miss India Quality. I didn't expect to. It was just the local Indian restaurant where I'd get take out every once in a while. But who knew that I wouldn't find Indian food just as good in the East Bay. In our continuing quest to find good Indian food, Tom and I headed over to Indus Village, a place that my co-worker had suggested (I often find restaurants based on his suggestions). It's the place he goes to get Indian take out, though it's not exactly Indian- it's Pakistani. So I guess that could account for some of the difference.

When we entered, we found a true hole in the wall restaurant- minimal decor, florescent lighting and some very ornate and truly uncomfortable chairs. We took a seat and perused the menu, which was very reasonably priced. I started off with some of these fried thingies and I can't recall the name right now. They were pretty good, well seasoned and crispy, but just not as good as the ones at India Quality.
Then I ordered this combo plate of chicken tikka masala and saag paneer. It was pretty good, though there could have been more chicken. Oh, the warm naan it was served with was really good and I definitely finished that off.
Meanwhile, Tom also ordered a combo plate. And he had ordered lamb curry, but accidentally given him chicken curry. But when they noticed the mistake, that brought over a whole new portion of lamb curry for him.

Service here was pretty friendly, but often neglectful, but really, it's a take out joint. They're really not there to provide great, friendly table service. After dinner, we hopped next door to check out a Halal market. Even thought it was a bit later, it was packed with people, and we picked up some lentils, chickpeas and pita for cheap. I think we will be back here at some point, when the craving for Indian food strikes. It was certainly better than the places that I had visited on Solano Ave., but I'm starting to feel that I'll also be making a trip to India Quality on my next trip to Boston.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Next time you come visit LA, we'll go to the Clay Pit in Brentwood for some delish Indian. The food there was so good, even as take-out, it blew my mind.