Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A MESSAGE TO ALL FUTURE VISITORS TO OUR HOME

Ok, I know I haven't blogged in 2 weeks. And no, it's not because I haven't eaten out. I have, and I've taken pictures and yes, I will eventually write about it. It's just that I'm actually busy at work and it's hard to find time to blog. Except for when I'm waiting for people to arrive to the airport. So I'm now laying down some ground rules for you potential visitors from the East Coast. If you want to visit us and spend the night....

1. Don't take a night flight from the East Coast. They ALWAYS get delayed. Let's keep in mind the one time I had to pick up Tom at 2am, and the other time I picked him up at 4am, both delayed night flights. (And yes, I had to work the next day) Be smart, take an early morning flight. Sure, you might have to get up before the crack of dawn, but your flight will almost never be delayed. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here waiting for the arrival of a flight that's been delayed for 2 hours.

2. If you want me to pick you up, fly into OAK, not SFO.

3. If you are a student or you're unemployed, please remember that people who work get up early in the morning. We (Tom and I) go to bed by 10pm, so if you want to get in later than that on a week night, plan on not spending the night with us.

Ok, I know I'm being whiny and bitchy, but I'm tired, I'm getting over a cold and I want to go to bed, but I can't. So I'm gonna catch up on Project Runway rereuns and maybe I'll blog a bit more later. About actual food, too.

2 comments:

That Girl! said...

Totally reasonable ground rules! But you and I tend to see eye to eye on those sorta things. Don't worry, if I ever come for a visit, I'll be sure and get my gay club party on while staying at hotel in san fran :)

cathy said...

As someone who had to drive you to the LONG BEACH airport at 5AM after a 2 AM arrival from Taiwan and I had to work that day...quit bitching and write about FOOD!

THANK YOU!

:) i <3 mintychocochip blogs