Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A LIGHT BREAK

Well, if you haven't been able to tell by the sheer amount of blogging that I've been doing in the last two days, I'm on vacation. Actually, it's my last day off - I'm back to work tomorrow, but I'm celebrating the New Year by watching TV and staying in my pajamas all day. Tom's actually changed, but really, why bother? I'm not going out today.

So after our trip to the Carnegie Deli in the morning, we spent the early afternoon shopping in Soho. Well really, it was just window shopping, but one of the things I like the most about NY is that there's always something interesting to look at. Oh btw, for a great cappuccino, visit the snack bar in the Alessi store on Hudson. But even after the walking and shopping, we weren't hungry, until around dinner time, though Tom wasn't hungry, I decided we'd go out for a light dinner. Once again we headed over to the Time Warner Center, but this time, it was a trip to the basement, where Whole Foods is located.

So for those of you who have been to the Time Warner location of WF, you'll know that it's really a big cafeteria, which happens to feature some groceries. They even have their own sushi bar (with seating) and a Jamba juice. Since I was craving something light and "healthy" I hit the salad bar, while Tom picked up some sushi.

It's just your basic Whole Foods salad bar (maybe a little bigger than other locations):
After picking up drinks and paying, we headed over to the expansive seating area. This is a favorite place for locals and tourists, since it is a relatively inexpensive and quick place to eat, but this also means that the seating area is often busy and full. (though rather attractive with its stone tables and benches, and light wall)
Ok, here's my salad. (Yes, I did grab some chicken wings, but only 2 of them, the rest really is veg). It was a very light, refreshing break from the rest of the meals that we'd had up to this point.
And for dessert, we headed up to the 3rd floor to once again visit Bouchon Bakery where we picked up a caramel macaroon and a chocolate tart that we enjoyed back at the hotel - a perfect way to finish off our meal.

No comments: