Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MY FIRST DRIVE THRU

Yes, I know I haven't posted since Thanksgiving, but I'm busy. And I'm totally backlogged on posts, including my Thanksgiving dinner post. But I wanted to put up a quick mention about my first drive thru experience. No, it wasn't the first time I'd ever been through a drive thru, but it was the first time I was doing the driving and ordering.

We were heading down to LA this past weekend, and before we departed, we stopped off at a BK drive thru, and I realized that this was the first time I'd ever driven through one on my own. Normally I just find it faster to park and go in - you have at least two or three people waiting on you, rather than just one. And you know what? It's kinda fun - like a ride at Disneyland. There are brightly colored signs and pictures. They tell you where to go and this person talks to you through a monitor. It's all so strange if you think about it and yet, man, Americans really do come up with crazy things. I mean, really? Who was the genius that came up with the drive thru? And what will we come up with next?

No comments: