Wednesday, December 31, 2008

WHY I'VE GAINED 10 POUNDS IN THE LAST YEAR

Yes, I really have gained 10 pounds since I've moved to the Bay Area. People don't believe me, but jeans don't lie. I can no longer fit into any of the jeans (except a single pair) that I brought with me from Boston. (Hence the trip to Steve and Barry's - I bought 4 larger pairs of jeans). I guess it's also due to my slowing metabolism. I do turn 29 in a week. Damn metabolism.

But it's also the food here in the Bay Area. My sister just spent the last few days here, staying at our house and eating at some of our favorite places. She deemed the food really good, but what she calls "vacation eating" is what we call everyday eating. So much good food surrounds us, it's really hard not to partake.

And speaking of which, my workplace is no help. I'm surrounded by foodies who love to eat and cook, and there's always yummy food around. Just take for example, Christmas Eve. Though this is more of an extreme case, one of my co-workers made fresh cinnamon buns with homemade cream cheese frosting. They were still warm. And delicious.

And right next to that were the two boxes of Noah's Bagles. Along with all the toppings.
I failed to photograph the fried chicken sandwiches and enormous chocolate cake from Bake Sale Betty's that we had just the day before for a co-worker's goodbye party.

With so much temptation around, I'm sure I'll gain another 10 pounds by next year. I must go to kickboxing more often.

No comments: