Tuesday, January 13, 2009

DAY 1 OF THE CHALLENGE

So I declare that we truly started the challenge yesterday (Monday) around noon, since we ate lunch and dinner at home and didn't spend money otherwise. I also need to declare this, because we have dinner plans next Monday evening, so for this to work out for 7 days, it needs to end by lunch next Monday.

To be honest, I think doing this for a week is not going to be much of a challenge. I really think it'd take at least 10 days for the word "Challenge" to truly apply. That's because all we're doing right now is finishing off a ton of leftovers that we have in the fridge, esp. the remnants of a massive lasagna that I'd made for my birthday dinner on Sunday. And I know that right now I have sitting in my freezer king crab legs, duck breast and duck legs. It really doesn't seem like much of a challenge when you're eating that kind of stuff for dinner. I think we could call it a "Challenge" if I actually started cooking the wheat berries that I've had in the pantry for 6 months. But I guess we'll see. It may hit Friday night when I'm desperate for a night out, but will have to stay at home and cook - for me, that'd be a challenge.

No comments: