Monday, January 19, 2009

IT'S OVER!

And so, the Challenge has ended (at least for me - Tom's still on until tomorrow morning). I actually didn't even spend money today until dinner. I spent most of my day at the Fancy Food Show in SF, filling my belly with cheese, chocolate, ice cream and other assorted gourmet treats. And when I came home, we celebrated by going to dinner, which Tom had me pay for.

So what did we learn from this past week? We really missed spending money and especially, going out to eat. On our list of things to do tomorrow: buy eggs and milk, get haircuts and visit the farmer's market for fresh fruit (we're out of fruit). But I've also learned that for us, we can really save money if I just spend a few more days cooking at home. And I hope that Tom has learned that he doesn't have to go out for lunch as often - he can just finish off left overs. It was a good exercise, one that we'll probably repeat once every couple of months.

And now onto my next challenge - kicking my caffeine addiction. I started yesterday and man does it suck! I'm suffering from classic withdrawl symptons - nausea, headaches and exhaustion. But don't worry, I won't be document that here - it's back to the food and restaurant reviews- I promise.

No comments: