Thursday, January 15, 2009

DAY 2

Day 2 of the challenge was rather uneventful, apart from the fact that Tom and I are debating when the challenge actually began. I say it began on Monday during lunch, since that was the last time I spent any money. But while I was taking a nap in the afternoon, he apparently bought electronics online, which I didn't learn about until the following day. However, we'll have to stick with my original date of Monday, since we have dinner reservations on Monday evening, and I'm not about to cancel on my friends. Though I did suggest that he could continue until Tuesday.

Apart from that, we're still eating leftovers. Since I actually cooked last week because Tom was housebound due to a back injury, we still have a lot of food left. I did cook something new, though - Mark Bittman's "Ducketta" and you can find the recipe here. You can also watch the video. I think it turned out rather well, served with a side of wild rice pilaf that Tom made. And I was able to make it using ingredients that I had at home, so we haven't spend any money, yet.

No comments: