Friday, October 21, 2005

Fried Burritos and Cute Kitties. What else do you need for a lovely evening?

Ok, before i talk about food, my friend Katie asked that I put up pictures of her two cats, Oscar and Molly. And since i'm their auntie, and i had dinner at Katie and Dustin's house last night and I've known the kitties since they could fit into my palm, here they are:

Happy Katie? Ok, moving on. As I said, last night I had dinner at Katie and Dustin's house. Two friends that I've known forever. Now normally, Katie and I are the two cooks, but Katie managed to get Dustin to cook dinner for us and his specialty is the fried burrito.

So I helped chop some veggies and do prep. Here on the cutting board you can see the chopped lettuce (which Katie wouldn't let me chop cause she likes it done a special way when it goes into the burrito), the mushrooms are in the background, and there was also refried beans and grated cheese.
Meanwhile, Dustin made the broccoli cheddar rice and browned the turkey meat and threw in a seasoning packet.

At this point, we were kicked out of the kitchen. Or rather forced out. So katie and i played a few games of boggle (she kicked my butt) while Dustin made our dinner. I think that's the best deal ever. I gotta look into getting a bf that will cook me dinner. Anyway, I think the basic concept is that you fill the tortilla with all the above ingredients, roll it up and fry them in a pan until they're nice and crispy and the cheese is all melty.

Here's the finished product, with the side of broccoli cheddar rice.

Totally tasty. Good job Dust-buster. And also very filling. At the beginning, I thought I could eat more than one, but soon gave up that idea. And i liked the idea of pan frying the burrito. I never would've thought of it and i enjoyed the crispiness of the tortilla. After dinner, Katie and I made chocolate chip cookies with her mom's special recipe (the one on the back of the toll house chocolate chip bag) and then we settled in to watch the apprentice with the donald. can someone please explain to me why Jennifer wasn't fired after royally screwing up the presentation? The final conclusion, good friends, cute kitties and fried burritos will always make for a lovely and relaxed fall evening. now i'm off to look for a bf who will cook me dinner.

No comments: