Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Quest Fulfilled!

Yes, it was a long tough battle, but finally, i have achieved success. Leah and i were able to get our $1 cones at Baskin robbins last night. But before i tell you about that, allow me to review the place we went to for dinner, Roh Dee 2 on Peterborough St.

So I love the restaurant row on Peterborough street. It's a grouping of 6-7 different resturants, all with different cuisines. There's a thai place, an italian place, a mexican place, an american place and there used to be a chinese place that's now closed. The thing that they have in common is that all of them serve pretty excellent food at very decent prices. and it's close to work and home. also, it's great to visit in warm weather cause you can sit on their benches outdoors and if you and your companions can't agree on one cuisine, you can order from all different places and still sit together. I frequent el pelon, the mexican place, i occasionally get delivery from umi, the japanese place and last night, we went to roh dee 2, the thai place, for dinner. Now, knowing that I was gonna go to peterborough street for dinner, i scraped together all the quarters i had in my apt yesterday morning and came up with $7. Including the extra $3 that i found on my nightstand, I had a total of $10 to spend on food yesterday. (so i'm gonna be like rachel ray on her show $40 a day, except i've only got $10)

Early in the morning, I spent $1.50 on a coke. so breakfast was $1.50. I ate cheezits and a salad that i brought from home for lunch. Katie suggested that I crumble the cheezits on top of my salad like they were croutons, claiming it'd be "cheez-tastic" but i voted that one down. Cheezits just don't belong on salads. lunch $0. That left me $8.50 for dinner.

Leah picked me up for dinner and we headed over to peterborough. i was in the mood for some thai, so we visited roh dee 2. now, for those unfamiliar with roh dee, the original one is actually located over in brookline on beacon and summit ave. that one is super small, with like 3 tables. the one in fenway is much bigger. but both are the same in concept. super casual thai food, cooked up real fast and real cheap, with no frills. you bus your own tables and get your own water. After perusing the funny faded pictures of dishes (helpful for those unfamiliar with thai dishes, hilarious for everyone else), i picked the pan fried noodles with duck. Leah got the pad see eew with chicken with a side of fried spring rolls. Total cost $7. Leaving me $1.50.

So here's the pic from dinner. I've stated before in this blog that one of the hardest things for me is remembering to take my camera and then remembering to take pictures before i gobble down my food. well yesterday, i actually remembered my camera and i stopped leah in the middle of eating saying "wait! i gotta take a pic for the blog". i whip out my cam, snap a pic of leah's plate, get ready to take a pic of my plate, and of course, the battery dies. Damn it! it's always something. At any rate, my dinner looked very similar to leahs, except mine had darker chunks of meat since i was eating duck, rather than chicken.

As you can see, the portions are very generous and both of us ended taking our left overs home. yummy. a little greasy, but sometimes, you're in the mood for grease. post dinner, we were off to the baskin robbins. so we walked to the baskin robbins at st. mary's and as we perused the ice cream selection, the ice cream guy was very helpful in pointing out that it was $1 cone day (like duh! why do you think i'm standing there). i got a very generous scoop of rocky road ice cream while leah got a not as generous scoop of mint chocolate chip. leah said it was karma since 2 weeks ago, i went to baskin robbins and got the world's smallest ice cream cone. no kidding it was like a quarter of the regular size. it was like the first time scooping ice cream for the girl serving me. ask leah, she was there. anyway, cost $1.04. leaving me with $.46 that i dropped into the red cross hurricane relief fund. and then we sat outdoors, watching ppl walk by while enjoying the still warm october evening and licking our ice cream cones. See, i came in under budget, and you thought that was impossible in boston.

1 comment:

Lose Weight said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.