Thursday, July 06, 2006

MY SUMMER TO DO LIST

Really, I have a million posts to put up. I need to finish recapping my trip to Europe. Plus I've eaten at some places since coming back. And of course I'm attending a trade show in NY this weekend. and I always eat in NY. But I'm gonna take a little break and review the things I want to get accomplished before then end of summer (I'm gonna say the end of September). I realize that this is a foodblog, so luckily, the vast majority of these goals are food related. So here it goes. I'll probably add more as the summer continues...

1. Visit Wilson Farms. I went here once with my older sister, but never found my way back. They have spectacular fruits and veggies though. And I hope to find a mint plant to add to my herb garden (more on that later.)

2. Go peach picking and make a peach pie. (With a lattice top, Katie's an expert at it.) And a peach tarte tatin. I make a fantastic apple tarte tatin, but i refuse to do it out of season. So i'm gonna do some experimenting with a peach tarte tatin.

3. Drive up to Maine. Eat lobster. If you live in Boston, and you haven't done this, then I just feel sorry for you. There's nothing like a soft shelled lobster in Maine during lobster season. So yummy.

4. Whitewater rafting in Western Mass.

5. Drive-in movie in Mendon.

6. Free movie by moonlight at the Boston Harbor Hotel.

No comments: