Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'M BORED

Ok people. I'm bored. And not even the normal, this will go away once I find a nice diversion like the New York Times kind of bored. I'm SEVERELY bored. Big Ed thinks that it may be brought on by stress, and he may not be entirely wrong. I do have a very long month ahead of me. During which I might even make enough to pay myself. Which would be nice. But it's hard to focus on that when I'm at work, procrastinating and there aren't any customers around.

This happens to me once in a while. And in the past, I was able to remedy it by taking quick trips. When I lived in DC, I'd go up to Philly. When I lived in Philly, I'd go up to NY or to Baltimore. But now I'm chained to this store, and to temporary relieve the boredom, I've started surfing travel websites looking for quick deals. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to take a quick trip the weekend after Vday. Or else I'll be waiting until March to take a trip anywhere. Of course last year I remedied this problem by baking. A lot. Like almost every other day. But I can't do this now due to my pledge to eat better and because Tom doesn't like cookies, so I'll ended up eating most of them. Instead, I think we'll take a trip to Chinatown for dinner tonight. At least that will get me out of the apt for a few hours.

In other news, I was reading The Amateur Gourmet's blog earlier today and he referred to a post by Frank Bruni about photographing in restaurants. I would tend to agree with him that it is kinda annoying when people are continually taking pictures, which is why a lot of my posts at the "fancier" places don't include pics. (Like the time we went to Enoteca and Per Se, though I did snap pics at No. 9 Park). I'll continue to try taking pics for you guys when I feel that it won't interfere with anyone's meal. Otherwise, you'll actually have to try places out for yourself to see what the food looks like.

No comments: