Tuesday, January 02, 2007

THE NEW BLOGGER AND BRUNCH AT LINEAGE

Well everyone, I'm back from LA. I apologize for not posting in weeks, but there was the holiday season and then a week of vacation at home! I'm using the new blogger beta, which Google has finally let everyone use. (Tom's has been using it for at least 2 months now). I'm not sure if it's really all that different. They still won't let you load multiple pictures at once and the upload isn't any speedier. But we'll see as time goes by and I use more of the features.

So I thought I'd start of the New Year with a place I went last year, which was brunch at Lineage. Lineage is one of my favorite places to eat in Boston. It's owned by really nice people, they have a lovely staff and good food. But since I can't afford to go very often, I'd only had dinner there once. This problem was remedied by a very generous gift from Katie. She'd given me a gift certificate to Lineage right before she left for LA, and since it was my first day off since Thanksgiving, I felt it was the perfect time to use it for a Sunday Brunch. I called up Leah and she, Tom and I headed off to Lineage.

The place was pretty empty when we arrive, and it never really filled up. I don't think they advertise their Sunday brunch very well, cause as all us Bostonians know, if we'd tried going to Zaftigs, we'd be in line for at least an hour before we could even catch a glimpse of a table.

While we waited for Leah to arrive, we ordered a bread plate and coffee. The bread plate had some very well made scones that were soft and not dry at all. There was also banana bread and a muffin. Next, we all placed our orders. I'd considered ordering the lobster omelette, but Leah ended up getting it, and we decided to share our dishes. I ordered the Poached eggs with smoked salmon. Here's Leah's lobster omelette.
I think we both found it pretty tasty. A good amount of yummy fresh lobster meat. And here are my poached eggs: This dish ended up being a bit too heavy for me. All that Hollandaise sauce. And the smoked salmon was much more pungent in flavor that I had expected. I liked the potatoes, though. And lastly, Tom ordered some cod cheek hash.
I tried a bit of it, and I liked the cod cheeks, but Tom didn't particularly like this dish. I think he expected something with fewer veggies, and he didn't like the choice of veggies that they did end up using in the hash. (especially the celery root). I ended up giving him half my breakfast. Overall, I don't think Lineage has the best brunch. Especially the breakfast, you're just looking for some comfort food, that you could realistically make at home, but you're probably too lazy to do it. The brunch at Lineage was just a bit too fancy. But I'll return in the future for some dinner. (Maybe when Katie and Dustin visit Boston in April).

No comments: