Friday, January 12, 2007

ONE LAST BITE

It was time to head back to Boston. Tom and I arrived at the airport super early, worried about the number of people who would be traveling on New Year's Day through LAX. However, we were able to get everything settled pretty quickly and ended up at our gate nearly 2 hours early. This left me plenty of time to get hungry while waiting to board our flight. (And now that you can only buy food on flights, I wanted to fill up). I'll pause here to say that even in LA airports, they have better food options than we do on the east coast. Yes, I know there can be large variations due to the terminal and airline. And I realize that we were in the recently renovated United terminal, but still. You have very few options when you're waiting at JFK or BOS. Actually, if I had a stop over anywhere in the world, I think my least desired airport to get stuck at would be JFK.

So after considering my dining options, I settled on La Salsa, a local Mexican food chain(It'd be equivalent to Anna's in Boston).
They have pretty good stuff at fairly reasonable prices, though I did feel that the prices at the LAX location were higher than the normal locations. I was suprised to find that no one was ordering food there (but there was a huge line in front of the neighboring Starbucks), so I stepped up and ordered some chicken taquitos. I was a little shocked by the price (nearly $8) and then was told they had run out of those. So I ordered some nachos instead and filled up at the salsa station while waiting for my order.And here's my massive plate of nachos. I was not expecting that much food, it took up my whole lap, and Tom didn't want to help me. I ended up eating about a third of it. (And by the time you get to the bottom the nachos are all soggy anyway). Without a doubt, this was a tasty treat for me, and left me questioning, once again, why we can have simply made delicious Mexican food in Boston. Ah well, I'll just have to keep loading up on Mexican food on my next trip home.

No comments: