Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A LIGHT LUNCH A BOUCHON BAKERY

This is a rather delayed post, so I doubt that most of you will find it, but I feel it worth putting up, since I'm writing about a rather well known place. So last month my friend Matt was in town visiting and I decided to take him up to Napa for a few hours. We stopped for lunch at Bouchon Bakery, of course founded by the famous Thomas Keller, and located in St. Helena next to the original Bouchon.

This place is famous for its breads and pastries, and I knew it'd be a bit pricey, but I splurged after the drive up. For lunch, I ordered this veggies sandwich.
It was very tasty, served on thick slices of homemade bread with well grilled veggies and a nice basil sauce. I also picked up a number of desserts for dinner later that night, and you can see them below.
We had little tastes of all my favorite flavors represented: an apple tarte tatin (my all time favorite dessert, especially if I'm making it), a chocolate tart and a passion fruit tart. The apple tarte tatin was ok, I like mine more warm and the pastry cripser. The passion fruit was very tasty, but had raspberries mixed in, and I'm not a fan of raspberries, so the chocolate tart was my favorite, and in my opinion, the prettiest one.

Overally, I enjoyed my treats from Bouchon Bakery. I'd also gotten Tom some bread and though he liked the baguette more than the ones from Acme, they still weren't as good as the ones at Clear Flour. So I look foward for my next trip back to Napa, to pick up more treats from Bouchon Bakery.

No comments: